Paint Your Front Door
Your front door is the first thing both you and guests see when entering your home. By painting your door a colour you enjoy it allows for people to get a sense of your own personal tastes. Whether you want your front door to be a light robin egg blue or a deep and dark red, adding this colour with give your house curb appeal.
While you might not be able to enjoy a your freshly painted front door from the comfort of inside your home, every time you come home from an exhausting day seeing your favourite colour may cheer you up.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall who has the best-decorated house of them all?
You will , that is, once you hang up a couple of mirrors. Mirrors aren’t only for walk in closets or entryways. Adding a mirror or three to your living room or even dining room is a great way to add some flare to your bare walls. Believe it or not, adding mirrors can also make a room look bigger!
Add a Bit of Wallpaper
We all know how bad and outdated wallpaper can make a room look. However, if done and placed right, it can make a plain room look fresh and stylish. The best way to add wallpaper is not throughout the whole room but to one wall. Instead of painting an accent wall, just add wallpaper.
When someone comes into your home for the first time one of the first things they notice is how your house smells. While plug in air fresheners can get the job done, scented candles can bring a sense of style to your home.
Yes décor and the overall look is important, but if your house looks clean but smells dirty your guests are going to wondering what you maybe be hiding.
- Just like any big task you should plan ahead. This ensures that everything that needs to be done gets done. Planning ahead will make things go a lot faster, by marking down everything you can see what task will take the longest and shortest to do. Start with the big cleaning projects first. This allows for the smaller tasks to be done quickly in the end.
Use proper supplies
- Using the proper supplies not only makes for a better clean, but it also makes cleaning become easier. Do your research, whether it is online or in store, there are a ton of options and by doing research it allows you to pick the supplies that work for you. Also stocking up on cleaning supplies is never a bad idea, you can use them more than once.
- Breaks are need during any daily activity, cleaning is no exception. Yes cleaning is a chore but it needs to be done. Taking a break or two in-between cleaning allows you to freshen up and unwind if you are feeling stressed.
Avoid taking on too much
- The last thing you need in your life is more stress. When it comes to cleaning making it as stress free as possible should be the goal. Splitting up your tasks gives you a visual so your not overwhelmed .Remember it is called spring-cleaning and it does not have to be done in one day, spring is a whole entire season.
Miss the small areas
- Whether it’s a closet or even just the top of that hard to reach self, remember to clean every area in your house. If you miss the small areas now the mess in that area will just keep getting bigger.