One of our clients, Ernesto Cervini (famous jazz drummer) had very kind words to say about us in his newest newsletter.
see what he had to say below:
Summer is not over yet!
The Canadian Home Trends Magazine put out their 2015 summer issue and would love it if you all had a chance to read it
The digital edition for Renovations 2015 is now available You will find your complimentary copy here ! We’d love to hear your feedback once you have had a chance to browse this issue!
As the weather continues to get warmer, the more uncomfortable the heat will get. If you have an air conditioner in your house consider yourself lucky, however when you leave it constantly running your bills with continue to get higher.
Here are a few ways you can keep cool in your house this summer:
- Buy a portable fan.
This option is one of the most obvious, but it is also the most common way to cool yourself down. By using a portable fan it allows you to cool down in any part of the house you desire. Fans cool people, not spaces. Air motion over our skin helps evaporate sweat and transport our body heat away from us, which can help us feel three to four degrees cooler. Fans come in many different shapes, sizes and styles. Choosing the right fan your space will keep you nice and cool.
- Close the curtains/ blinds
Close windows and window coverings in the morning before the day heats up, and then open them in the evening to flush your house with cooler air.
- Turn off the lights
Just like going under a tree for shade, keeping the lights off on a hot day will help limit the heat generated in your home. Turn off your lights when they are not in use. Incandescent light bulbs give off a lot of unwanted heat by switching to LED or CFLs light blubs this will help with the cooling down of your house.
- Insulate your house
Good insulation isn’t only for the winter! By adding more insulation to your house in the summer you can actually reduce your utility bill during both seasons. The extra insulation will keep the accumulated cool air in your house and the unwanted heat out.
- Redo your roof
Summertime is a great time to get your roof redone. If you have the choice, choose a lighter roof or roof coating. It will reflect sunlight rather than absorb it. Get in touch with Modular Home Additions for more information.
Summer is the time to enjoy the fresh outdoors. However on those rainy days, the weather may have you locked up indoors. When it’s all gray and gloomy outside, the last thing you want is for your house to look and feel as gloomy as it is outside. With these summery paint colours, not only will they lift your spirit but will help renew your energy.
If you are not feeling adventurous enough to paint your walls, brightly coloured décor will work too!
On those nice and warm summer nights having a barbeque with friends and family is a great way to get outside while having some fun with those you love.
Here are 5 things you must have before you start grilling:
- Sure there are gas barbeques and even though it may take a bit longer for your food to cook, nothing tastes as good as smokey char grilled food.
- Relaxing Patio Furtinature
- Having a BBQ by yourself can be fun but having a BBQ with a bunch of friends and family is even better. With that being said you and your guest need somewhere to sit and place their food. Investing in relaxing and stylish patio furniture is a good idea especially if you like entertaining.
- Cool Lighting
- When June 21 st comes around summer has just begun, however daylight is shorter and nights are starting to get longer. Decorating your backyard or patio with lanterns and Christmas lights is a great way to take advantage of the long summer nights. It will make your outdoor space look inviting and relaxing.
- Food & Drinks
- This is a NO BRAINER! You cannot have a BBQ without the food and drinks! When it comes to choosing what you should prepare make sure to make something for everyone. Making a variety of different meats and vegetables is sure to please everyone who attends you BBQ.
We at Modular Home Additions are proud to announce that we are a sponsor of the May ArtSalon 2015
ArtSalon 2015 is a unique exhibition of a wide-range contemporary art, taking place twice a year, traditionally featuring works by more than 40 artists.
May ArtSalon 2015
NORTH LIBERTY PROPERTIES,
358 DUFFERIN ST., UNITE 108, TORONTO, ON M6K 1Z8
Opening reception – Friday May 29th 2015 at 7:00PM.
We hope you can come out and support this event.
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!
The Canadian Home Trends Magazine just put out their 2015 spring issue and would love it if you all had a chance to read it.
The digital edition for Design 2015 is now available. Click the link below for your complimentary copy!
Check out this magazine for amazing home decor and design ideas.
Wagon Herb Planter
- After a long winter your garage/storage unit may be packed with a bunch of tools and toys you might not use anymore. Take that rusty wagon and turn it into a mobile planter. With the ability of moving it where ever you want you can place it where you find it most convenient.
Add a Swing Set
- If you have children and you have a lot of room in your backyard why not build them a swing set. No longer will you have to bring them to the park everyday just so they can run around and play on the swings and slides. Now you can sit back and relax on your patio as they have their fun
Light Up Your Path
- During the nighttime it might be a little hard to find your way along a path if there is no light to guide your way. By adding garden lights along a walk way can make your backyard come alive at night.
Grow Your Own Food
- Why spend your money on fruits and vegetables when you can grow your own. Even if you don’t have that much room to grow a whole garden, you can grow smaller vegetables in a big flowerpot.
Paint Your Front Door
Your front door is the first thing both you and guests see when entering your home. By painting your door a colour you enjoy it allows for people to get a sense of your own personal tastes. Whether you want your front door to be a light robin egg blue or a deep and dark red, adding this colour with give your house curb appeal.
While you might not be able to enjoy a your freshly painted front door from the comfort of inside your home, every time you come home from an exhausting day seeing your favourite colour may cheer you up.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall who has the best-decorated house of them all?
You will , that is, once you hang up a couple of mirrors. Mirrors aren’t only for walk in closets or entryways. Adding a mirror or three to your living room or even dining room is a great way to add some flare to your bare walls. Believe it or not, adding mirrors can also make a room look bigger!
Add a Bit of Wallpaper
We all know how bad and outdated wallpaper can make a room look. However, if done and placed right, it can make a plain room look fresh and stylish. The best way to add wallpaper is not throughout the whole room but to one wall. Instead of painting an accent wall, just add wallpaper.
When someone comes into your home for the first time one of the first things they notice is how your house smells. While plug in air fresheners can get the job done, scented candles can bring a sense of style to your home.
Yes décor and the overall look is important, but if your house looks clean but smells dirty your guests are going to wondering what you maybe be hiding.
- Just like any big task you should plan ahead. This ensures that everything that needs to be done gets done. Planning ahead will make things go a lot faster, by marking down everything you can see what task will take the longest and shortest to do. Start with the big cleaning projects first. This allows for the smaller tasks to be done quickly in the end.
Use proper supplies
- Using the proper supplies not only makes for a better clean, but it also makes cleaning become easier. Do your research, whether it is online or in store, there are a ton of options and by doing research it allows you to pick the supplies that work for you. Also stocking up on cleaning supplies is never a bad idea, you can use them more than once.
- Breaks are need during any daily activity, cleaning is no exception. Yes cleaning is a chore but it needs to be done. Taking a break or two in-between cleaning allows you to freshen up and unwind if you are feeling stressed.
Avoid taking on too much
- The last thing you need in your life is more stress. When it comes to cleaning making it as stress free as possible should be the goal. Splitting up your tasks gives you a visual so your not overwhelmed .Remember it is called spring-cleaning and it does not have to be done in one day, spring is a whole entire season.
Miss the small areas
- Whether it’s a closet or even just the top of that hard to reach self, remember to clean every area in your house. If you miss the small areas now the mess in that area will just keep getting bigger.